The sport of fencing is a uniquely classic sport. It has a history, drama, romance, style, art,
plus all of the advantages of an active physically demanding sport. Mentally it is mind consuming, allowing not a moment’s break.
A far cry from the choreographed bouts portrayed on film, the sport of fencing is dynamic, fast and athletic.
There are many benefits to participating in fencing whether as a youth or as an adult. At any age, fencing teaches good sportsmanship and self-discipline. Fencers learn to compete independently as well as for a team; they learn to enjoy winning and to learn from defeats, while becoming physically fit and healthy; and, most importantly, they learn to make complex decisions, analyze problems, and think fast. These ideals help fencers reach their potential in many areas other than fencing.
At Delta Fencing Center, we believe in...
- right to be treated with dignity;
- showing respect to everyone, especially to those who have lost, but haven't given up trying their best;
- fencing, regardless of age or skill level;
- training hard;
- never stop improving;
- motivating and being motivated;
- fencing as a child when you are a child;
- having an opportunity to strive for success;
- having fun fencing;